Cheek implants, or “cheek augmentation,” can help restore lost volume in the face, define the cheekbones, and give you a youthful appearance. Dr. Thomas Bell is Toronto’s favourite cheek implant plastic surgeon, incorporating precise detail and patient care into every treatment. At his resident clinic, Toronto Plastic Surgeons, you will receive a cheek augmentation treatment that will leave you with beautiful facial symmetry.
What are Cheek Implants?
Cheek implants are designed to improve the volume of the midface to more aesthetically pleasing proportions. Often, patients opt to undergo cheek implants to enhance the proportions and symmetry of the face.
Facial implant procedures usually involve using long-lasting, injectable gels to create optimal cheek-chin balance. Soft tissue fillers can be tailored and contoured to the specific needs of the facial proportions. In contrast, solid facial implants have limited sizes and versatility.
Different Types of Cheek Implant Procedures
Cheek implants come in different sizes and shapes – some sit high on the cheekbone, and some sit lower under the cheek sweep. Meeting with your cheek implant surgeon to discuss the specific area you want to be augmented and the volume and size of the implant required will be part of your detailed consultation.
Who is the Best Candidate for a Cheek Augmentation?
While no specific traits dictate candidacy, proper physical health and realistic expectations can make the recovery process more seamless. Suppose you struggle with a lack of symmetry or contour to your face. In that case, you may be an excellent candidate for cheek augmentation.
We invite all interested in this procedure to contact Toronto Plastic Surgeons for a consultation.
Your Cheek Implant Consultation with Dr. Bell
During your cheek implant consultation with Dr. Bell, you can ask questions, express concerns, and even see before and after photos. Hence, you know what your results may look like.
Dr. Bell will perform a facial assessment and get a detailed understanding of your medical history to understand if you are a good candidate. If you are curious about the cost of your procedure or want to combine treatments, this is also a great time to discuss that with Dr. Bell.
How Much Do Cheek Implants Cost?
Your cheek augmentation cost will start at around $2,999 for fillers, $9,999 for fat grafting, and up to $9,999 for facial implants. The price is dependent upon your individual treatment plan.
How to Prepare for Cheek Augmentation?
To ensure a successful surgery, the doctor will advise that you follow specific preparations in the weeks leading up to your procedure date:
- Smoking should be discontinued two weeks before the procedure and two weeks after.
- Those who continue to smoke will have a more extended recovery period and a greater likelihood of complications.
- Two weeks before your procedure, patients must cease taking Aspirin or any medication that contains Aspirin.
- Six hours before surgery, patients must not consume any food or drink. Small sips of water are permitted, however.
- Avoid sun damage two weeks before surgery. This can be achieved by wearing sunscreen.
How are Cheek Implants Procedures Performed?
All cheek augmentations are performed within the comfort of the modern Toronto Plastic Surgeon SpaMedica Surgical suites. Before your surgery, Dr. Bell will administer local anesthesia to ensure the procedure is entirely painless. During the surgery, the doctor will increase your face’s volume by inserting a gel or cheek implant through the mouth.
How Long Does a Cheek Implant Take?
Your cheek implant treatment will take 1-2 hours to perform. When dermal fillers are used to augment the cheeks, the injection procedure takes 15 minutes.
Following the procedure, patients will rest in our recovery room for a few hours before being assessed by our specialist nursing team and returning home. You will enjoy professional results in a comfortable setting with Dr. Bell’s expertise, his team’s vast experience, and the state-of-the-art technologies utilized at the TPS clinic.
Cheek Implant Recovery & Timeline
Your cheek implant recovery timeline will go as follows:
Five Days After Surgery: Patients may return to work after the bruising has subsided.
2 Weeks After Surgery: Patients may return to performing physical activities.
6 Weeks After Surgery: Swelling gradually diminishes.
12 Weeks After Surgery: Incisions in the mouth are completely healed, and bruising and swelling have entirely subsided.
Cheek implants produce permanent results and do not require maintenance. After being driven home, wait for bruising to subside and continue your normal activities. The final results generally appear 3 months after the procedure. Dr. Bell will provide follow-up appointments to ensure optimal healing and results.
Benefits of a Cheek Implants
- No visible scarring. The incisions required for a cheek implant surgery are made inside the mouth, so the scarring is imperceptible.
- Test it out. Dermal fillers are known for temporarily adding volume and definition to the cheeks. By applying fillers to the facial area, the patient can view a relatively accurate depiction of their face after the procedure.
- Permanent results. Whereas dermal fillers require repeated yearly procedures, facial implants represent a permanent solution to a drop in facial volume.
- Improve facial symmetry. Cheek implants result in a more youthful, symmetrical, and balanced appearance.
Cheek Implant Risks
Some possible complications when it comes to cheek augmentation surgery include:
- Infections: Even though infections are rare, the Toronto Plastic Surgeons will still prescribe a prophylactic antibiotic after surgery and take every precaution to ensure the procedure is a smooth, seamless experience.
- Thick Scarring: Although the scars of cheek surgery are invisible, they can sometimes be quite thick, depending on the extensiveness of the work.
- Poor Wound Healing: In rare cases, the skin along the incision line heals poorly. However, Toronto Plastic Surgeons can prevent this adverse effect with antibiotics.
- Changes in Skin Sensation: While it’s likely that you will experience some numbness after the surgery, the reduced sensation usually diminishes after a day or two.
Cheek Implants for Men in Toronto
A cheek augmentation represents a cost-effective solution for men who wish to counter the effects of aging while attaining a stronger, more masculine look. Where women may opt to make their cheeks more round and soft, men generally wish to achieve a more angular, chiseled profile that enhances the prominence of the cheekbones.
When undergoing a procedure by the Toronto Plastic Surgeons, patients can choose between solid facial implants, fat grafting, or a long-lasting gel. During a solid facial implant treatment, Toronto Plastic Surgeons insert the facial implants through an incision in the mouth using state-of-the-art technology. This is usually performed under local anesthesia.
Following the surgery, men will notice a significant improvement in their facial features. In addition, patients can look forward to an impressively quick recovery period, as they will only need to take 1-3 days off work to rest after the procedure. Best of all, the results of a cheek implant procedure will last a lifetime.
Why Choose The Toronto Plastic Surgeons for Cheek Implants?
Dr. Bell has performed thousands of cosmetic facial procedures over the past 25+ years, making him one of Canada’s most respected leaders in cosmetic surgery. By utilizing dermal fillers, implants, and fat transfer techniques, Dr. Bell will be able to ensure that the outcome of the procedure matches the patient’s expectations. Rest assured that you’re safe with the Toronto Plastic Surgeons before, during, and after the process.
Cheek Implants FAQ
How Painful is it to Get Cheek Implants?
Due to the anesthesia administered during the procedure, the patient will not feel any pain during the surgery. Any discomfort after the treatment can be easily controlled with oral medication prescribed by the Toronto Plastic Surgeons.
How Long Do Cheek Implants Last?
Whereas dermal fillers require repeated procedures to maintain their effects, cheek implants are permanent and will last a lifetime.
Can Cheek Implants Move?
As a result of the surgical precision and well-designed pocket of the Toronto Plastic Surgeons, it is very uncommon for cheek implants to shift without significant force or trauma.
What are Cheek Implants Made of?
Cheek implants (and all facial implants) are often made of medical-grade silicone, which is the safest option for this fragile area. However, suppose you would like a different opportunity to achieve fuller or more defined cheeks. In that case, Dr. Bell is happy to discuss the treatments TPS offers you during your consultation.